Building Bridges Between Institutions of Higher Education in the Carpathian Region of East Central Europe and the Southeastern United States
Robert Thomas, Atlanta
Goal of the project:
University public activities - services provided by university to industry, local government, NGOs, the public. Active role of university in regional economic development.
ACRU, Associated Colleges of the South
- U.S. Agency for International Development
- The American Council on Education
- Association Liaison Office for University Cooperation in Development
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Delta Airlines.
Phase I:Visit of ACRU representatives to Georgia, April 21 - May 5, 1996.
18 senior administrators (rectors/vice-rectors) from 13 ACRU member universities. Head of the delegation: Prof. Karol Florian, president of the ACRU.
1. Karol Florian, TU Kosice, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Tomas Sabol, TU Kosice, email@example.com
3. Anton Lavrin, TU Kosice, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Lev Bukovsky, UPJS Kosice, email@example.com
5. Marta Prosbova, UVM Kosice, firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Miklos Szabo, Univ. Miskolc, email@example.com
7. Gyorgy Heltai, Godollo Univ. of Agr. Sc., firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Beata Palfalvy Sandor, Godollo Univ. of Agr. Sc., email@example.com
9. Zsolt Nemessalyi, Agr. Univ. Debrecen, firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Sandor Nagy, Lajos Kossuth Univ. Debrecen, email@example.com
11. Kazimierz Sowa, Pedagogical University Rzeszow, firstname.lastname@example.org
12. Szczepan Wolinski, TU Rzeszow, email@example.com
13. Marian Granops, TU Rzeszow, firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Iwo Pollo, TU Lublin, email@example.com
15. Andrzej Golas, AGH Krakow, firstname.lastname@example.org
18. Paul Serban Agachi, Babes Bolyai Univ. Cluj-Napoca, email@example.com
April 21: Departure from Kosice to Prague
April 22: Prague, Institute of EastWest Studies, Round table with representatives of Czech universities
April 23: Arrival to Atlanta, Georgia
April 24: Arrival to Statesboro, Georgia Southern University reception held by Dr. Henry, President of Georgia Southern University
April 25-27: Workshop: Public service, Continuing Education, Financing, Marketing, The University System of Georgia, visit to university library and museum.
April 27: Visit to Savannah
April 28: Departure to host universities, each participant to different university in Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, Texas, North Carolina.
April 29 - May 2: Stay at the host universities, Focus of the stay: university public activities, university management, continuing and distance education, etc.
May 2: Arrival to Atlanta Reception at the headquarter of The Coca-Cola Company held by Vice-president Mr. Carlton Curtis
May 3: Wrap-up session, Georgia Tech University, Atlanta
May 4: Departure from Atlanta