Development of Centres for Continuing Education
Project Number: TEMPUS SJEP 09428-95
Responsibility of ACRU: Dissemination of project results
The CCEs will serve also as model Centres for analogous establishments within the member universities of the Association of the Carpathian Region Universities (ACRU).
The cooperating HEIs will operate the CCE after the ending of the SJEP, which is planned for three years, at their own expense, and the CCE will rise sufficient funds for financial independence.
Development of the DECENT project was motivated also by the following facts:
- short life cycle of knowledge, necessity to update it on a regular basis
- to upgrade a university-industry cooperation
- call for the diversification of university education, introduction of efficient, modular life-long education
- non-existing professional institution for life-long education in the Slovak Republic
- 1996 - Year of life-long education (UNESCO).
- management of CCE (including development of business plan, needs analysis, marketing, etc.)
- course development methodology, new educational technologies (multimedia, CD ROMs, etc.)
- cooperation with non-university partners (Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Business Innovation Centre (BIC), Regional Advisory and Consultancy Centre (RAIC), etc.)
- coordination with other projects (e.g. PHARE project in the field of Distance education, etc.)
- WG1: Environmental Law
- WG2: Environmental Management
- WG3: Information Technology
- WG4: Telecommunication Technology
- WG5: Cleaner Technologies